Friday, February 11, 2011

To begin with.............

I feel like I have to introduce myself.   I am your ordinary guy on the street.  You can walk pass me and chances are you'll never give me a second look.  In fact, what sets me apart is my ordinariness.  I do have a passion though, and that is computers and photography.  I like computers, building them in fact and photography specifically Infra-red and near Infra-red photography.  This blog aims to share my hobbies with my friends, both existing and new potential friends.

The title of the blog I feel says it all.  It is a statement against being infatuated with "brands".
The title owes from an observation I made when watching Gordon Ramsay in a cooking show.  I bet you can put almost anyone in a state of the art kitchen, complete with everything you can dream of and pit that person against Gordon Ramsay armed with a bunsen burner, a set of second hand pots and pans  and a few dollar store spatulas, and still Mr. Ramsay will cook circles around them.  So I came to realize that it is not the pots and pans that matter, it's the cook.

I have been anti-brand, in a way.  I built my own computer and I shoot with a second hand Alpha 300 that most people would not even consider using but guess what....... my computer works great and I have taken photographs that a lot of my friends with Nikons and Canons cannot and would not even try duplicating.  So yeah, the cook matter.

Like I said this blog is a journey through my passion and if you like what you read then welcome aboard


The Shadow Man

No comments:

Post a Comment